Thursday, January 22, 2009

CVEN665- My Reasons

Hi Everyone;

Well I finally created my own blog. I always wanted to maintain a blog but thanks to Dr Zechman it has become a necessity now. I am Nabanita and I come from India. I am a Civil Engineering graduate and this is my second semester in TAMU. I am specializing in water resources but I am also interested in Environmental Sciences particularly related to water quality, water/wastewater treatment processes.
I had taken a course during my undergraduate studies on optimization research. I had learned few commonly used techniques but it was related to manufacturing and production. I did my undergraduation in Mechanical Engineering so whatever optimization I learned was related to my field. This is my opportunity to expand my knowledge and apply it to a field that I believe that I am going to work for the rest of my live. This course is going to teach me the steps to model a system and I will get a chance to work with simulation which I love. Infact from the list of courses offered this semester CVEN-665 looked very promising. I think it will be a great addition to my curricular vitae. Moreover I love the way Dr Zechman teaches. I had taken CVEN-339 with her last semester and wanted to be in one of her graduate classes. This is also her field of study and research so I am all excited to learn a whole lot from her this semester.
Well I think those are good enough reasons to take up the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment